Plans and pricing
|File Size Limit||200 MB||16GB|
|Bandwidth (monthly)||10 GB||100GB||1TB||10TB|
|Overage Bandwidth||Not Available||$0.10 per GB||$0.08 per GB||$0.05 per GB|
|Amazon S3 Support||Not Available||Coming Soon|
|HD Profile||Not Available||Coming Soon|
|Webcam Recording||Coming Soon|
File Size Limit
This is the maximum file size that will be encoded. In the free plan, any audio/video file upto 20MB will be encoded. This limit increases to 2GB in the paid plans.
This defines the total data traffic limits to and from the encoding server.
Bandwidth = size of the file uploaded + size of the file after conversion
Once the bandwidth for a month is exhausted, overage charges will be applied.
The charges that will be applicable once the monthly bandwidth quota is exhausted.
Coming Soon features
These features are under development and will be available only in the premium plans.
- How do I start using the service?
- How long will it take for converting media, on an average?
- Can the encoding fail? How dependable is the service?
- Will I be charged for failed conversions?
- Can I use my subscription on multiple sites and domains?
- How do I upgrade my plan?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Will I be refunded if I unsubscribe before the 1 month validity period?
- What if I need more than any of these plans offer?
Q1. How do I start using the encoding service?
You can start using the encoding service by following these steps:
- Choose an appropriate plan. You may use the free plan to try the service.
- Click the button labelled Try Now/Subscribe under the appropriate plan in rtMedia > Addons in your WordPress dashboard.
- You’ll be redirected to Paypal for payment, if you choose any of the premium plans.
- On subscription, a welcome email will be sent to you. This contains the API key.
- This API key will be automatically added to your BuddyPress Media installation.
- That’s it. Your audio/video will be converted automatically, from then on.
Q2. How long will it take for converting media, on an average?
This totally depends on the file size and your existing queue on the encoding server.
Q3. Can the encoding fail? How dependable is the service?
If the media file is corrupt, the encoding may fail.
At times, due to your server’s settings, BuddPress Media may fail to download the successfully encoded file. In such a case, an email will be sent to the admin with details of the issue and a link to retry the download.
Q4. Will I be charged for failed conversions?
No. If for any reason, an encoding fails, none of the quotas are affected and so you won’t be charged for it. Only when an audio/video is successfully converted, the quotas will be adjusted.
This doesn’t include failure to download a successfully encoded media by your server, as explained in the previous FAQ.
Q5. Can I use my subscription on multiple sites and domains?
Yes, you can. To do so, paste the same API key into the Encoding Service settings on all your sites.
Q6. How do I change my plan?
Just click subscribe on the plan you wish to choose.
Q7. How do I cancel my subscription?
Just click unsubscribe under the appropriate plan.
Q8. Will I be refunded if I unsubscribe before the 1 month validity period?
No. All the plans are charged monthly.
Q9. What if I need more than any of these plans offer?
In such a case, kindly contact us for a personalised solution.