If you have directly landed here, and have questions about this whole “assignment” thing, you may read this first!
Now you are settled, the purpose of this assignment is to assess both manual and automation testing skills. You must complete both parts.
- For script-review, you must use Github
- Create a free account on Github (if you do not have an existing account there!)
- Create a git repo for your code (take help of Google to know how-to in case you have never used git before)
- We will review your code only from Github, hence, please do NOT email your codes to our HR Team!
- Create scripts for test cases given below on Jest or Codeception or any other JS or PHP testing framework.
- Keep all the automation code in Github root itself
- Create a Readme for your repo which will describe the following
- A short description of the repo
- How to set it up
- How to run the code locally
- You can add screenshots to provide more details
|Test Objective||Expected Results|
|Login with a valid username and password |
URL: https://qa.rtcamp.net/activity/ UN: demo PW: demo
|The user should be successfully logged in|
|Update the status of a post with any of the media type and privacy should be private||Media should be uploaded with private privacy|
Document the flow of purchasing a product on Amazon, login, Checking Order History, and downloading invoices, do add the required screenshot to make it easy to understand. Create a google doc and share the link with us.
- Please download the Manual Testing Readme.
- Do the UI testing of qa.rtcamp.net web page w.r.t Readme file you have downloaded.
- Make sure the website is tested against the major browsers with latest versions (e.g. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera).
- Also, check for responsiveness of the qa.rtcamp.net web page w.r.t below screen size[Portrait and Landscape mode both]
- Mark the issues using GitHub issues. Use the same repo as the one used for Automation Testing. While marking GitHub issues, do proper use of GitHub labels . For priority and severity, do create custom GitHub labels.
- Attach the necessary screenshots to explain the bug description.
- Create the test cases and add this in GitHub readme. You can also add the Test Case Google sheet public link in GitHub readme.
Share the GitHub repo link & Google doc link of Amazon documentation with us in response to the email you have received from our HR Team.