It is almost a year ago, we started to invest deeply in our Learning and Development Center. It has over the past 10 months helped over 20 new rtCampers who we hired from college campuses all over India to work on high-performance WordPress engineering projects and teams. We continue hiring engineering students from colleges in batches.
Our L&D Center allows us to have good bench strength and activate several developers for our clients. The best part is it brings a lot of young engineers to choose WordPress as a profession.
Apart from campus recruits, it also allows our experienced engineers to sharpen their existing skills and learn new things.
- We released updates for core version and add-ons along with premium themes for our rtMedia project. Along with some UI/UX tweaks and some patches, we made sure they were all compatible with WordPress 5.9 which is the latest version.
- WordPress.org’s Executive Director Josepha Haden weighed in on how the WordPress project’s community can provide opportunities for taking more people along towards technology adoption.
News from Around the Web
- Akamai to acquire Linode which was popular cloud hosting platform for developers in a way similar to the likes of AWS and Digital Ocean.
- Strattic acquired WordPress plugin WP2Static which is a WordPress plugin that allows creating static websites from WordPress. Strattic is a platform for hosting decoupled WordPress architecture. The plugin will continue to be open-source and maintained.
Popular on our #watercooler Slack channel.
- Use these tools to boost Web Stories performance
- More ways to keep your pull request branch up-to-date
- Include diagrams in your markdown files with Mermaid
That’s all, see you next month!
Links: We’re Hiring!