September went by in a blur, as we kicked off our series on Personalization on the Web. The idea behind the series is to present an overview of the current technological landscape in the WordPress ecosystem regarding web personalization.
In a couple of posts, we review a few prominent WordPress plugins that can be used to build out personalization on pages with first-party data. We also explore personalized web pages with Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), while aiming for better conversion rate optimization. It’s all of our research, distilled down into two nifty tables, with more to come!
We hope that you may be motivated to craft an effective web personalization strategy for a better digital experience. We welcome your productive discussion on this, so comment below or get in touch.
We dusted off our travel gear and attended WordCamp US 2022. Rahul & Vivek joined Mervin & Paul in sunny San Diego for WCUS held from September 9th-11th. Mervin was an organizing member of the event and part of the Sponsors’ squad, and Paul was one of the photographers for the event. Relive WCUS through Paul’s photo album.
We also attended Dreamforce held during September 20-22 in San Francisco, along with our friends from WordPress VIP.
- Several hosting providers are launching solutions with WooCommerce, to streamline the process of running online shopping sites. GoDaddy unveiled a preview of its managed stores service, Bluehost launched its point-and-click store builder and WPengine debuted Live Cart performance feature for its offering. This shows a trend of the shift to high-performance cloud-based e-commerce.
- WordPress core contributor Adam Zielinski revealed a demo of WordPress running in the web browser enabled by WebAssembly, using SQLite engine and without a PHP server. There’s often talk about ‘decentralized web’ technologies for robust internet infrastructure and it is interesting to see WordPress code being used for this purpose. Check out the project’s repo on Github.
News from Around the Web
- Salesforce unveiled Genie, a real-time data platform at Dreamforce 2022. Its functionality extends beyond CDP in generating insights for the Salesforce Customer 360 platform.
- Adobe is acquiring collaborative design software Figma for USD 20 Billion in a deal, generating a flurry of reactions and seen as dividing the global UI/UX design community.
- PublishPress acquires MetaSlider plugin from Extendify. It plans to extend MetaSlider functionality with a suite of image tools for publishing workflows.
- Gridpane receives strategic investment from Automattic, as part of its seed round of funding. They aim to scale up and expand the self-managed hosting service.
- Advanced Custom Fields version 6.0 plugin is launched with major improvements. This release brings it closer to native block editing. It also comes with a refreshed UI.
- If you have any Contributor’s stories to share with the community, WordCamp Asia 2023 has called for them to be submitted by October 26.
Popular on our #watercooler Slack channel.
That’s all, see you next month!