In this role, you’ll use your technical understanding of WordPress to bring value to some of the largest multinational corporations, government agencies, and public listed companies in the world.
- Project initiation: Run information through a checklist to flag anything missing early on, conduct project initiation meetings, design work breakdowns, timelines, demo schedules, and meeting frequency, and identify the most important KPIs.
- Project Execution: There are many processes common across all our projects but some are set by the client. You need to ensure that project execution remains smooth, accounting for differences, without compromising on KPIs.
- Proactive Follow-up: With our clients, their vendors, and our team to resolve any blockers for the project. Help the team to get the required resources.
- WordPress technical understanding to deliver projects successfully. We do not expect you to run to a developer or technical analyst for simple client questions. You are expected to handle most user-level support yourself.
- Understanding of publishing, e-commerce, or enterprise CMS industries. Most of our clients belong to these industries and we expect our project manager to have some domain understanding to avoid over-dependence on other team members.
- Experience in managing remote teams. Our workforce and clients are remote and distributed across the globe. This is also a reason why project management at rtCamp demands some technical WordPress knowledge and business domain understanding.
- Asynchronous work style. Daily stands up are ok. Pinging the engineering team on Slack or asking them to jump on a Zoom call multiple times every day is not ok.
- Scrum, Agile process understanding.
- Knowledge of project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Trello, GitHub, ActiveCollab)
Good to Have
- In-depth WordPress engineering experience with high-quality outcomes.
- WordPress VIP platform project management experience.
- Some understanding of WordPress code.
- Experience with delivering presentations, addressing questions, and gathering feedback.
- Re-platforming, project discovery, and project execution experience.