Plans and pricing
|File Size Limit||200MB (
|Bandwidth (monthly)||10GB (
|Overage Bandwidth||Not Available||$0.10 per GB||$0.08 per GB||$0.05 per GB|
|Amazon S3 Support||Not Available||Coming Soon|
|HD Profile||Not Available||Coming Soon|
|Webcam Recording||Coming Soon|
File Size Limit
This is the maximum file size that will be encoded. In the free plan, any audio/video file upto 200MB will be encoded. This limit increases to maximum 10TB in the paid plans.
This defines the total data traffic limits to and from the encoding server.
Bandwidth = size of the file uploaded + size of the file after conversion
Once the bandwidth for a month is exhausted, overage charges will be applied.
These charges will be applicable once the monthly bandwidth quota is exhausted.
Coming Soon features
These features are under development and will be available only in the premium plans.
Before purchasing this encoding service, check our demo site here http://demo.rtcamp.com/rtmedia/ for converted video quality.
To be very clear on this, there is some lack of video quality for converted videos. Its not like youtube or other video converting and hosting sites.
- What is audio/video encoding?
- Why do I need audio/video encoding?
- Will encoding affect the quality of my audio and video files?
- Which format will my files be encoded in?
- How do I start using the service?
- How long will it take for converting media, on an average?
- Can the encoding fail? How dependable is the service?
- Will I be charged for failed conversions?
- Can I use my subscription on multiple sites and domains?
- How do I upgrade my plan?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Will I be refunded if I unsubscribe before the 1 month validity period?
- What if I need more than any of these plans offer?
Q1. What is audio/video encoding?
The process of converting an audio or video file from its current format to another format is known as audio/video encoding.
Back to top ↑
Q2. Why do I need audio/video encoding?
Audio and video files come in many formats. Not all file formats are created equal, each format has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Some formats are universal, meaning they are more widely used over others. Some formats take up less storage space while at the same time maintaining audio and/or video quality. You can view the complete list of file formats here.
If you want your site users to have a smooth experience while listening and viewing audio and video files respectively, it is recommended that you convert or encode your audio and video files to popular and memory-efficient formats.
Q3. Will encoding affect the quality of my audio and video files?
Conversion from one file format to another generally results in some loss of quality. However, in most cases, the difference is barely noticeable.
Remember that the basic aim of encoding a file is ensuring that that the encoded file is considerably smaller than the original file, with very little difference in quality.
Please note that although you can reduce the quality of an audio or video file by encoding it. the reverse is not possible. You cannot improve the quality of an audio or video file by encoding it in another format.
Q4. Which format will my files be encoded in?
All audio files will be encoded in mp3 format. All video files will be encoded in mp4 format.
Q5. How do I start using the encoding service?
You can start using the encoding service by following these steps:
- Choose an appropriate plan. You may use the free plan to try the service.
- Click the button labelled Subscribe under the appropriate plan in rtMedia > Addons in your WordPress dashboard.
- If you choose any of the premium plans, you’ll be redirected to Paypal for payment. .
- On subscription, a welcome email will be sent to you. This email will contain a unique API key.
- This API key will be automatically added to your BuddyPress Media installation.
- Your audio and video will now be converted automatically.
Q6. On an average, how long will it take to convert media?
Conversion time totally depends on the file size and your existing queue on the encoding server.
Q7. Can encoding fail? How dependable is the service?
If the media file is corrupt, encoding may fail.
At times, due to your server’s settings, BuddyPress Media may fail to download the successfully encoded file. In such a case, an email will be sent to the admin with details of the failure, and a link to retry the download.
Q8. Will I be charged for failed conversions?
No. If the encoding of an audio or video file fails for some reason, you won’t be charged for it. You will be charge only when an audio or video file is successfully encoded.
If a file is successfully encoded, but you are unable to download it, you will still be charged for it. Please refer to the above question to know more.
Q9. Can I use my subscription on multiple sites and domains?
Yes, you can. To do so, paste the same API key into the Encoding Service settings on all your sites.
Q10. How do I change my plan?
Just click Subscribe on the plan you wish to switch to.
Q11. How do I cancel my subscription?
Just click Unsubscribe under the appropriate plan.
Q12. Will I be refunded if I unsubscribe before the 1 month validity period?
No. All plans are charged monthly.
Q13. What if I need something other than the plans on offer?
In such a case, kindly contact us for a personalized solution.