Michel Bognar runs Ulzza.com. It is an e-commerce and community website with over 2000 active members and over 400 products. 'Ulzzang' is a slang term for a particular type of South Korean fashion style.
- WooCommerce Customization
- Multi-language support
“My experience with rtCamp was very good. Always happy about the fast response.”
Michel Bognar, Ulzza.com
Michel contacted rtCamp for some custom work for the theme he had purchased.
We had a few discussions with Michel and finalized what exactly he had in mind.
- He wanted to create an online presence which must be a community website along with an online store for it.
- A full integration of our Inspirebook theme with WooCommerce, rtMedia plugins and multi-language support.
Many requirements of this project depended on famous plugins like WooCommerce, BuddyPress, rtMedia and WPML a lot of custom changes came up for discussion. We decided to then divide the project into three phases.
- Custom look for Homepage
- Set up the right templates
- Price Filters and Dynamic Category in sidebar
- WooCommerce plugin templates
- Special fee for Switzerland based users
- Vendor registration
- Shop Targeting and restriction: Seller can sell Items in Switzerland only. For example if a user from Germany wants to buy this item, that user won't be allowed to buy it.
- User can save shop items (Wishlist) in their cart to recommend to their friends
- User can directly contact seller
Execution and Implementation
The website was live publicly. So our first step was not to work on the live website directly. Based on the three phase plan, our developers started work.
We always prefer to use our own server for development and then take approval from client to deploy on a live server.
As every phase was finished, a review was done with the Michel and approval was taken to deploy the changes on the live site. This was to remove any user interface problems that visitors might face while visiting the website.
'WooCommerce Vendor Stores' plugin gives an option to add restricted countries per product basis. As per the requirement, we wanted two options :
- Allowed only in "Switzerland"
- Allowed in "Rest of the world"
It was not practical to add 200 countries in restricted countries field on a per product basis. So we customized the plugin to provide two options as mentioned above. This way the vendor can easily choose a product to be sold either in Switzerland or everywhere else.
Some of the features implemented on this site to provide a good user experience:
- Product comparison
- Filters for products based on popularity, rating, pricing and more
- Three currency options
After completion of all the phases of development, Michel wanted to optimize and speed up the website. We conducted an analysis and recommended moving from Apache web-server to nginx. He agreed and we started working on optimizing ulzza.com on the server side.
What we did:
- Setup a complete new server for the site
- Setup mail server and also used our EasyEngine server management tool on that server
- Configured SSL certificate
- Implemented Server level cache
The website loads smoothly with over 2000 users, 400+ products and lots of pictures. Michel thinks of this project as an experiment with WordPress and it's potential.