In our very first newsletter of 2022, all of us at rtCamp want to wish you a very Happy New Year! Hope your new year is filled with joy, opportunities, and good health.
On the last day of the year, we published our annual “Year in Review” post. It is a chronological roundup of all the exciting things we did in the past year.
Do you want to work on such exciting projects? We are hiring!
- WordPress.org has launched an open-source image project. The tool gives creators an easier time with finding reusable images, and it provides access to over 50 million of them. This follows the rebrand of CC Search by Creative Commons to Openverse when it migrated to the WordPress project.
- WordPress 5.9 is set to introduce a language switcher on the log-in screen. The language switcher on the log-in screen will be very handy as multilingual usage of WordPress increases.
News from Around the Web
- Matt Mullenweg during the `State of the Word` address to the WordPress community, shared an interesting update about there being over 42 acquisitions in the WordPress ecosystem.
- WPEngine has acquired and open-sourced Frost Theme. The popular theme by Brian Gardener, known for using WordPress’ block editor and having very well designed block patterns is now available for everyone to use after being acquired by WPEngine and then moved to the WordPress Theme Repository.
Popular on our #watercooler Slack channel.
- checklist.design – A collection of the best design practices.
- Responsively App – devtool for web developers responsive web development.
- Synergy from Symless and it’s fork Barrier – Software to use one mouse and keyboard across multiple computers
That’s all, see you next month!