Our CEO, Rahul Bansal, recently wrote a post about how our college hiring and training started plus some of the great results we are seeing from it. Our public training courses are available for you to use freely and are released under CC0 license.
We once again leveraged the power of decoupled WordPress to deliver editorial efficiency together with a delightful user experience. This time, it was for Waldo’s Friends, an animal welfare organization that runs an ecommerce store to fund its charitable activities.
- The folks at WPVIP recently shared crucial considerations for choosing enterprise-grade WordPress hosting. All things enterprise WordPress and WPVIP are right up our alley and we find these guidelines to be spot on. If you could use a more personalized opinion on this, get in touch.
- BuddyPress Beta 10.0.0 has been postponed to December 24. One of version 10’s most notable new features will be site membership requests, which give admins the power to manually approve new members joining their community site.
News from Around the Web
- GoDaddy has acquired managed WordPress hosting company Pagely. The move signals GoDaddy’s efforts to expand its presence in hosting WooCommerce stores, specifically for enterprises and powersellers.
- Lemon Squeezy has announced a new WordPress plugin for digital product sellers. The plugin is designed to free sellers from managing plugin updates, security, payments and taxes with Lemon Squeezy handling much of that while acting as the merchant of record.
- Jetpack has acquired WPScan, a WordPress vulnerability database. The 10-year-old software project informs users throughout the ecosystem about vulnerabilities across WordPress core, themes, and plugins. Before the acquisition, Automattic had sponsored WPScan for years.
- Ten companies are coming together to form the PHP Foundation. The group, which includes JetBrains, Automattic and Acquia, will support and fund the continuation and prosperity of the PHP language. An initial temporary administration will establish the Foundation’s bylaws before a permanent one takes charge.
Popular on our #watercooler Slack channel.
- Last Week in AWS is proving to be a great resource for keeping up with each week’s most relevant AWS news.
- KRAZAM’s new comedic upload exploring a corporate existential crisis gave us all a good laugh.
- State of the Word 2021 will be livestreamed from New York City on December 14, 2021. The event will also feature in-person attendees, who will be required to show proof of COVID vaccination and follow safety measures. Meetup organizers can arrange an in-person watch party if their region meets the guidelines for in-person events.
That’s all, see you next month!